In just a few decades, Konami has grown into a casino gaming giant. Starting out of a humble jukebox rental shop, they built a global media empire and cut out a share of a very competitive market with an incredible catalog of slots and casino games.
Offering titles that are based on their popular video game licenses alongside wholly original creations, the company continues to gain new fans.
Konami Releases New Specialty Slots and Proven Progressive Games at ICE London 2020 The Star Entertainment Group and Konami Renew a Decades-Long Technology Partnership Red Lake Gaming Selects Konami’s SYNKROS to Deliver Enterprise-wide Casino Systems Technology Across Seven Clans Casinos.
This page provides a few different things.
First, you’ll have access to all of the free Konami slots currently available for online gambling. You can play these games directly on our site. No download and no signup required!
We also provide a list of the top casinos with Konami games, a list of the most popular as well as game reviews. So, dive in, have some fun and see why Konami has become one of the top 3 slot machine developers in the world.
If any of the slots mentioned below sound interesting, then players should be happy to know that many of them are available in land-based casinos.
New Jersey and Pennsylvania casinos don’t always have the latest Konami machines, but many of the classic standouts are available. It’s still a good idea to consult any casino’s website before a visit since most will offer a list of what slot machines are currently playable.
Some chains, such as Caesars, allow players to check all of their available slot machines with one linked search tool.
Players who live in New Jersey can also enjoy many of Konami’s fun slots through one of the state’s many legitimate NJ online gambling apps. Konami slot machine games are available through both legitimate online casinos and land-based casino apps.
Players in Pennsylvania can play Konami slots at Hollywood Casino and Sugarhouse, though the casinos don’t have as many titles as its neighbouring state.
There are a number of ways to play many of Konami’s great slot machines on mobile devices thanks to their hard work in adapting some of their most popular games.
Players who live in regions that allow online slots gaming can use any legitimate online casino or land-based casino app to play real money versions of many of Konami’s titles.
Players who aren’t so lucky can still experience some of the fun thanks to Konami’s app. The My Konami Slots app is available on iOS and Android devices and allows players to play free-to-play versions of Konami slot machines.
1. Dragon’s Law Twin Fever – This 5-reel, 30-line slot machine includes Konami’s famous Action Stacked Symbols to give players a shot at loaded reels. The dragons that are the namesake of the game also have a chance of improving any basic spin by flying out and dropping new wilds all across the reels. Lucky players can also trigger a fairly standard free spin bonus round.
2. Solstice Celebration – This absolutely lovely slot machine game really shines on a mobile device. It’s also a 5-reel, 30-line machine that features Action Stacked Symbols. Solstice Celebration enhances these symbols with the Sparkle feature. Any player who manages to fill two reels with a full stack of Action Stacked Symbols triggers the Sparkle bonus, which bumps all the other reels until any partially showing Action Stacked Symbols fully fill their reel. It’s a great way to really fill the paylines. On top of this, the game also includes a free spin bonus round.
3. Gypsy Fire Quick Strike – This exciting update to the classic Gypsy Fire game adds a whole new way to win. The basic game is another fairly standard 5-reel, 30-line machine featuring Action Stacked Symbols. There’s also a free spin bonus round, which is enhanced with the addition of wild multipliers that can really set up big wins. The unique addition is the Quick Strike linked mystery progressive jackpot, which can be randomly awarded to eligible players off of any spin. It can be rare to see progressives on mobile devices, so it’s a welcome sight.
4. Chili Chili Fire – This fun and fairly simple Konami slot machine is a great place to start. The machine uses 5 reels and 30 paylines and includes Konami’s Action Stacked Symbols feature. During each spin, the reels have special sections that are loaded up with a single matching symbol to make big wins a little easier to get. Each normal spin also has a chance of triggering the Fade Away feature, which causes low-value symbols to just fade away and be replaced by higher-paying symbols. There’s also a separate free spin bonus round.
5. Wealthy Monkey – Another great beginner’s slot machine is the Wealthy Monkey game, which also features 5 reels and 30 paylines. This machine also includes the Action Stacked Symbols system to enrich normal spins. These Asian-inspired slots really come alive in the free spins bonus round. All free spins come with enhanced wild symbols that have a chance of gaining a multiplier if they’re part of a winning payline. Even better, if one wild in a reel activates then the rest of the wild symbols in that reel also gain multipliers. The multipliers can stack across the reels to provide up to a 45x multiplier on a winning free spin.
6. Monster Sweep – A fun 5-reel machine that adds in an interesting combination of tumbling reels and expanding reels. Normal spins occur on a set of 5 reels and 3 rows, with another set of 3 locked rows sitting on top. Any time players get sets of 3 matching symbols in a vertical stack or horizontal row, the symbols fade away and allow new symbols to fall into place from above. This “Sweep” feature allows new wins and adds to the Sweep counter for that spin. As the counter rises, new reels are unlocked to allow for more wins. Anytime players get at least 4 sweeps on a spin, there’s a chance to trigger one of the progressive jackpots. The free spin feature also incorporates the sweeps, keeping any unlocked reels active until the free spin round is done.
7. Rising Koi – What this game lacks in art design, it makes up for in fun gameplay. Rising Koi is a 5-reel, 40-line slot machine with a very interesting bonus feature. During each spin, players have a chance to trigger the “Rising Koi” feature by getting a koi symbol in their strike zone and a bonus symbol on the fifth reel. When this happens, players get to watch the little fish try to swim upstream to determine how much of a cash bonus they get. There’s a jackpot available for big betters. The normal spins also feature random mystery multipliers. Players can also trigger a free spin bonus round, which is loaded with a higher chance for multipliers and the Rising Koi feature.
8. Castlevania: Valiant Guardian – Konami puts its Castlevania video game license to good use with the Castlevania series. There are a few other variants in the Castlevania line that are mostly just cosmetic variations. It’s a 5-reel slot machine that’s loaded with bonus features. Players can trigger a free spin bonus round that uses expanded reels, but the real thrill is the minigame bonus round that’s tied to the progressive jackpots. The minigame bonus can trigger on any normal spin. Players are taken to a board game layout that lets them pick different potential moves to try and advance into the castle. Players who make it to the castle gates get to watch an exciting battle minigame.
If you take a look at Konami’s slot machine games, it’s easy to see that they put a lot of effort into flashy innovations. Konami’s new features tend to be focused around exciting visuals and improvements that take full advantage of the reels being digital. While they haven’t necessarily had one particular game-changing breakthrough, the company finds ways to add a variety of new features to each of their new games.
Konami’s work on dynamic reels is probably their most noticeable innovation. As noted above, a lot of their slots feature some variant of the Action Stacked Symbols system.
This system alters the digital reels before each spin to load them up with blocks of a randomly chosen matching symbol. This relatively simple change makes the reels look and feel more active, especially since they often tie matching features into the Action Stacked Symbols.
For example, some games include a nudging feature that can force partially showing stacks into filling the entire reel. Konami includes some other dynamic reel features, such as expanding reels, mirror reels and reels that spawn new wilds.
Konami has also started to put their experience in video games to good use with innovative bonus game additions. The Crystal Cyclone expansion is an upgrade that can add a roulette-style wheel to a bank of machines. This exciting feature gives each player in the bank of machines a chance to win credits if dropped bonus balls fall in the right place.
Another particularly eye-catching example is the Jackpot Streams system that can be added as a premium feature to many of their slot machines.
This bonus game adds a coin-pusher themed jackpot that can trigger off of any spin. Players can then watch the digital coin pusher add new coins to the field and potentially knock game tokens into winning pockets to trigger progressive jackpots.
Progressive jackpots have also been a major focus for Konami. Players who love progressive jackpots should be very happy with Konami’s offerings. Many of their slot machines include stand-alone and linked progressive jackpots. K
onami has also developed exciting community-linked progressive jackpots. For example, their Beat the Field game triggers a simulated horse race whenever one player in the bank of machines triggers the bonus.
Each eligible player can win small cash prizes or even one of the progressive jackpots depending on how their set of horses place. The wide range of available progressive jackpots should keep any thrillseeker happy.
Konami didn’t get into casino gaming until 1992. That was the year they launched their first pachinko machine into the booming Japanese gaming market. The jump to slot machines would prove to be simple and natural.
In 1996, they opened Konami Australia specifically to manage their new growth into the Australian gaming market in 1997. After seeing success in Australia, they rolled machines out into the larger Asian slots market over the next few years. Konami would finally join the American gaming scene in 2000.
In 2005, they built their own 360,000-square-foot office in Las Vegas, Nevada, to act as the headquarters for their rapidly growing North American, South American and European sales division.
After a decade of successful growth, Konami added a second Las Vegas facility to their empire to cement their place as a global gaming powerhouse.
In 1969, the Konami company first opened its doors in Osaka, Japan. Kagemasa Kozuki, Yoshinobu Nakama and Tatsuo Miyasako were the company’s first three officers. Each of them would lend the first two letters of their last name to the company to create the name Konami. Originally, it opened to provide jukebox rental and repair services, but after just a few years the company would pivot to a new rapidly growing market.
In 1973, Konami transitioned into developing video games and quickly became a leading company in the field. They would produce the iconic Frogger arcade game in 1981, which permanently sealed their place in video game history. Konami successfully expanded into producing video games for the first consoles with hits on the Atari 2600 and the original Nintendo system.
It was during this time that they started the Castlevania and Metal Gear video games series, which would both go on to be popular and long-running game series that would eventually be adapted for casino games. Konami’s video game division continued to produce successful and popular games throughout the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.
Konami’s position as a creator of innovative, visually impressive slot machines and casino games comes after a long, varied history in technology and entertainment. Starting from its simple roots, this Japanese company grew into a multimedia powerhouse with gaming divisions throughout Asia and North America.
Staying true to its slogan of “Born from Fun,” Konami develops and distributes both original creations and games based off of its popular video game licenses.
With a growing online presence and a steadily increasing list of unique slot machine features, Konami is prepared to stay competitive in the modern gaming environment.
Players looking to try out some of Konami’s hottest offerings can keep an eye out for the following games.
No. 1 Dragon’s Law Twin Fever: A fun, Chinese dragon-themed slot machine, featuring fivereels and 30 paylines. This game includes basic action-stacked symbols as well as a free spin bonus round. The titular twin dragons are at the heart of the game. One or two lucky dragons can arrive after any spin to drop additional wild spaces onto the reel for some surprise wins.
No. 2 Solstice Celebration: A cute, wonderfully designed slot game has a theme around the beauty of spring in an enchanted meadow. The five-reel machine features 30 paylines and uses an enhanced version of the action-stacked symbols as a bonus. Called the Sparkle feature, all action-stacked symbols are lined with a bright border. Filling two reels with a full stack of sparkle-lined symbols nudges other partial stacks to fill their reel. It also has the potential to trigger a free spin bonus round.
Casino la vida online. No. 3 Chili Chili Fire: A five-reel 30 paylines slot has a general Mexican theme. Including action-stacked symbols and the chance to win free games, this machine also uses the Fade Away feature. After any spin, low-paying card symbols have the opportunity to fade away. The newly empty spaces then fill with random higher paying picture symbols, with a chance to turn a disappointing spin into something special.
No. 4 Lion Festival: Boosted Celebration – Inspired by Chinese New Year celebrations, this five-reel slot machine offers players a mix of neat features including a boosted middle reel that has double the symbols to make forming a winning combination that much easier. It includes action-stacked symbols and a free spin bonus round, but the bonus round includes the twist of the Balance of Fortune system. After winning free spins, players can stick with their standard 2x multiplied free spins, or they can trade stacks of five free spins for a “super-free spin” with a much higher multiplier.
No. 5 Castlevania: Labyrinth of Love – Konami has multiple Castlevania themed slots, inspired by its video game franchise of the same name. This five-reel machine includes an expanded free spin mode along with a progressive jackpot tied to the Castlevania game board. Players who trigger the minigame get to pick from different sets of potential moves to try and reach the castle. At that point, the game switches to a flashy battle minigame, where players get to spin a set of reels to try and land on attack symbols that kill enemies while hoping that they avoid the damage symbols that close off the reel. Making it past the bosses can reward the player with one of the four progressive jackpots. Sadly, Castlevania machines are generally not available on a mobile device.
While some of Konami’s more advanced machines are sadly still stuck in physical casinos, it has developed mobile versions of many of their classic slots. Players with a mobile device should be able to find free versions of Konami’s online slots available in participating casino apps. Anyone lucky enough to live where real money online slots are legal will also find real mobile versions available.
For unlucky players, Konami does offer a nice middle ground. The My Konami Slots app is available for iOS and Android devices. This app offers several popular slots for free play. Players can collect free chips throughout the day, and the app includes a daily free bonus spin that can award credits. While packages of chips are available for purchase, patient players can stick with the Konami free casino slot games.
The Konami slots app includes linked progressive jackpots and slot tournaments for players looking for high-stakes play. Konami goes back to its video game roots by also offering daily challenges and quests, which reward players for hitting set goals or betting certain amounts. The real hook is that players can win loyalty points that they can spend on prizes and comps at real casinos, similar to Chumba Casino. Players can earn room discounts, credit toward food, tickets to great shows or just themed merchandise. It’s a great way for players to have a little fun between trips.
Konami began as a jukebox rental and repair company in 1969 based out of Osaka, Japan. The name comes from the first letters of its three original officers, Kagemasa Kozuki, YoshinobuNakama and TatsuoMiyasako. The company’s founder, Kozuki, still sits on the executive board. Konami moved away from its original jukebox focus fairly quickly, transitioning to manufacturing arcade cabinets in 1973 to take advantage of the growing video game market.
Konami would go on to produce its important additions to arcade gaming by developing hits such as the massively popular Frogger in 1981, along with gamer favorites such as Scramble and Super Cobra. The company was able to adapt to the rapidly changing video game market throughout the ’80s and early ’90s, providing titles for the Atari 2600 and the original Nintendo console. Konami adapted and evolved its popular Scramble arcade game into the fan-favorite Gradius for the NES, and also developed popular franchises such as the Castlevania and Metal Gear series.
The video game division continued to grow through the ’90s and 2000s with steady sequels and developments even as the company branched out into the gambling industry. Always looking to maintain synergy between their divisions, many of these great video game properties would be adapted into themed slot machines.
Konami’s casino gaming division began with its entry into the Japanese pachinko machine market in September 1992. After several years, the company opened Konami Australia in late 1996. In 1997, this subsidiary would oversee the rollout of Konami’s expansion into the Australian gaming market and later the general Asian market.
Konami expanded into the American casino gaming market in January 2000. The move into the American market was cemented with the construction of a manufacturing and development office in Las Vegas in 2005. The 360,000-square-foot facility served as its base of operations for expansions through North America, South America and Europe. Building on the success, Konomi opened a second facility in Las Vegas in 2015.
While Konami is known for its striking visual design, the company has introduced some software innovations to offer exciting updates to the classic slot machine design. Its development takes full advantage of the ability to modify digital reels before the game or switch symbols after a spin. As a rule of thumb, Konami has focused on enhancing standard slot machine play rather than focusing on adding separate bonus rounds. Konami’s unique twists on the slot machine formula give players a chance to see ordinary spins suddenly change into rich jackpots.
Players of Konami slots are almost guaranteed encounter its action-stacked symbols system. This feature creates sections across all the reels in a game that pick one single symbol to stack for that spin. With a little luck, players will see these sets of stacked symbols fill up their paylines for big wins.
Also, many games have separate bonus features that tie into the action-stacked symbols feature. For example, players may see the reels get nudged into higher payouts with the right set of lucky frames.
Other variations on standard play include dynamic reels that can morph after a spin. In certain games, players may see new wild symbols appear to fill out lines, or they may see low-value spaces disappear to make room for big winners.
That’s not to say that Konami has ignored its bonus games, even if it sticks to traditional free spins and multipliers. When going through Konami’s catalog, players will find innovations such as the Balance of Fortune system. This offers winners a choice in how their bonus game plays out, usually based around a more certain smaller payout versus a riskier shot at a big return.
The addition of special Mirror reels in bonus rounds also adds a fun change of pace to free spins. Mirror reels are what they sound like, with the two leftmost and rightmost reels mirroring one another, making it easier than ever to get a straight line of five symbols.
Similarly, while many of Konami’s games feature bonus games and special features instead of traditional jackpots, some entries feature progressive jackpot systems.
Games such as Pirate’s Jackpot and Pharoah’s Wish include stand-alone progressive jackpots. Konami also has machines with community-linked progressive jackpots.
For example, Beat the Field offers players — in a bank of linked machines — each a chance at different progressive jackpots when one player in the bank triggers the special round. Eligible players can win set bonuses or a progressive jackpot based on the results of a simulated horse race.
Machines, such as the new Power Boost Inferno, offer a supreme progressive jackpot that can potentially be linked across multiple participating casinos.
Konami’s recent innovations have also shifted toward more noticeable changes to gameplay. In 2016, the company unveiled the Crystal Cyclone. This upgrade adds a social element to Konami’s older physical machines. The system places a roulette wheel in the center of several linked Konami slot machines.
When triggered, players on the linked machines get to watch bonus balls fall onto the spinning wheel in the center with credits and bonuses applied based on where the balls land.
Finally, Konami’s development comes full circle with the recent development of a partially skill-based Frogger game that provides increased payouts to players who can get their frog farther up the randomly generated arcade game.